For nonprofits today, a brand is essential.
It is how you see yourself and your work.
It is how others see you.
If your brand isn’t crystal clear … it’s time for an upgrade.
Don’t know if you need a re-brand?
We’ve compiled a checklist to help you figure out…
Your Nonprofit Might Need A New Brand If
- Google can’t find it
- homepage is a GIF or flash movie.
- links boldly go nowhere …
- news is from 2010
Your Donor Relations:
- Your monthly newsletter reads like an encyclopedia.
- Your method of updating donors consists of a bcc email (!)
- Your fundraising video is 10 minutes long and four years old
- Your fundraising video doesn’t make the donor want to throw money at you.
- Donor materials don’t speak boldly & clearly about your cause
Your Social Media
- is non existent
- You have four Facebook pages and know none of the passwords
- Every post is asking for MONEY!!!
- The only person who knows your mission statement is your webmaster
- People who could use your services have never heard of you
- You get confused with another org with a similar name!
- Your board is inactive, old … or dead.
- Your mission statement speaks of what you do –not how you do it
- You cannot immediately convey the impact your work has
- You cannot describe your work in 10 words or less
- Team members don’t use the same language when describing the org and its work.
If you cannot complete the following sentences:
- If our organization closed tomorrow….
- We are the only organization that …
- Without us ….. would ….
You Need a New Brand!
**Special thanks to the many contributors to this list including Mordechai Holtz of www.BlueThreadMarketing.com Hadassah Levy of i-pointmediagroup.com/ Dan Brown of www.ejewishphilanthropy.com & anonymous’s 🙂